Which is the best looking?

Monday, August 12, 2013

Buy Smart

I own a very small collection of four kenyan sand boas, 2.2, or two males and two females. The males are a Nuclear DH Snow, and a Snow Dodoma Cross. The girls are one big normal girl, who happens to be my first snake ever, and another Snow Dodoma Cross. You can see I'm sticking to a sort of theme here, Snow with color and pattern enhancing blood. Its also nice to have my Nuclear as het for albino and anery, rather than visually express them. Reason being I'll get albinos, aneries and snows when i pair him to my snow girl. This brings me to my next point of buying smart. It would make absolutely no sense to go out and purchase and males right now. At this point, I only have one really nice girl, and two males, so i have to choose; so why would I go out and purchase a third male? Because I think its cute? Now if you keep sand boas strictly as pets and are 100% sure you'll never breed in the future, then by all means buy 20 males, but if there is even the slightest possibility you may want to in the future, invest in females early. They take over twice as long to mature so you'll have some time to think about it. If you have a ton of males and you decide you want to start breeding, unless you can find a nice adult female for sale (doubtful unless you want to spend half your lifes savings) you'll have to wait  two years for your babies to grow up. It also doesn't makes to have a solid program focusing on say, albinos, and go out and buy a paradox albino, because the two are not compatible. If you plan on starting a paradox program at some point in the future, however, then it may be a smart investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment